This program prepares professionals for using the 3-5-7 Model™ with youth in a group setting, an effective and efficient use of time and resources. The training focuses on introducing the 3-5-7 Model™ to those who are planning to facilitate group programs for children and adolescents using the concepts of this model. In addition to learning how the 3-5-7 Model™ integrates into group work theories, all elements needed for delivery of a 10 week group program for adolescents are provided, including descriptions of professional roles, resources needed, handouts, activities, and tips for successful groups.
One-day program focuses on:
- Brief Review of 3-5-7 Model™
- Foundation and Group Theory
- Group Objectives
- Group Structure and Staffing
- Tips For Forming & Managing Groups
- Overview of Group Session Topics
- Application of 3-5-7 Model™ Group Activities
A 3-5-7 Model™ Group Manual is provided to training participants. The manual curriculum includes:
- Description of the 3-5-7 Model™ Groups Process
- Readiness and Preparation Steps
- Staff roles
- Engagement of youth support system
- Resources needed
- Master set of activities for 10 week group
- Includes all documents needed to conduct a 10-week groups
Coaching meetings specific to group delivery of the 3-5-7 Model™ is required. Coaching will provide discussion and review of group programs using the concepts of this model with group participants.
*As delivering the 3-5-7 Model™ Groups Program requires a solid understanding of the concepts in the 3-5-7 Model™ framework, facilitators of the 3-5-7 Model™ Groups Program must have received 3-5-7 Model™ Overview and Applications training by Darla L. Henry & Associates.